Admission for Fall 2020 During Coronavirus
steps to register for Fall Semester 2020
This summer, to be safe on campus due to Covid-19, NMJC has changed some of its steps to register for Fall 2020.
Among the changes:
- When you register for classes now, there are no payments until July 15.
- You may not need to take the Accuplacer test before registering for classes. Just send us your high school transcript or GED certifitcate, as part of your application.
- Registering for class is easy online. We have staff available to help you by phone or by email. Call 575-492-2577 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the easy steps to get you started at New Mexico Junior College
If you have NO prior college credits with NMJC:
Apply Online Please allow up to two (2) business days for processing from the date of submission online (please be sure to hit submit & then log off). You will receive your "A" number, which is your student I.D.
Send us your official high school transcript or GED transcript.
• Have your high school email the transcript to: email@example.com
• If you prefer to mail it, it must be in a sealed envelope to: Registrar, New Mexico Junior College, 1 Thunderbird Circle, Hobbs NM 88240
• Bring it in person in a sealed envelope from your high school, to Ben Alexander Student Center. During Covid-19 phases, please call to let us know you
want to come to campus: 575-492-2577
Meet with an Academic Advisor, who will help you to develop your educational plan, refer you to appropriate services, and answer specific questions and concerns. Schedule an appointment here. During Covid-19, it is best to talk by phone. If you prefer to meet in person, we have limited in-person appointments available. Call the Helpdesk: 575-492-2577. You can also email the Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Your Courses. You can register online through the T-BirdWeb Portal. If you need assistance, call the NMJC Help Desk at 575-492-2577. You will need your "A" number.
Sign up for Nelnet Payment Plan by July 15 (there is a $25 registration fee). This year only, you will not need to make a payment until July 15.
• If you prefer, you can pay tuition in full through your T-Bird Web Portal by credit card, or in person at the cashier's office by credit card, check or
cash, by July 15.
• If you have financial aid, please pay the balance (if applicable) either in full or through a NelNet Plan.
If you want to live on campus, apply for On-Campus Housing. A non-refundable application fee of $25 is required.
Purchase your textbooks at the NMJC bookstore located in the Ben Alexander Student Learning Center, open during the summer from 10am - 2pm Monday through Friday. You can also order your books online. See your class syllabus for required textbooks and materials.
Get your Student ID, which is free of charge, when the NMJC campus is fully open for Fall. This may be obtained in the Gameroom inside the Ben Alexander Student Learning Center. If you are living in on-campus housing, you will receive a special resident ID at Housing Check-In.
If you are a returning student, a new NMJC student with prior college credit, an international student, or a dual credit/concurrent student, please see the special types of applications and registration steps here.
email@example.com or 575-492-2577