Applying for Admission
Applying for Admission
Our flexible educational programs are designed to fit your lifestyle and meet your educational goals. We offer part-time or full-time; daytime and evenings, semester long and short-term courses.
To learn more about NMJC, check out our Online Viewbook here.
Be sure to submit and log off your online admissions application. Please allow up to two (2) business days for processing from the date of submission online.
High school students, who took dual credit classes at NMJC, must complete a new application as First Time Freshman, after high school graduation before taking additional classes.
Returning students that have not been enrolled in 2 years must complete a new application for admission.
If you have graduated high school within the last 3 years, please visit with your academic advisor to determine if there is a need to take the Accuplacer test.
If your advisor recommends the Accuplacer test, you can schedule with our Testing Center (575) 492-2591.
If you have completed the Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT at another college or entity, you may send your assessment results to NMJC’s Registrar's Office, email@example.com, to use those scores as placement data. These results must be received prior to registering for classes.
An academic advisor will help you develop your educational plan, and answer specific questions and concerns about your educational goals. You can visit the advising page to find more information on NMJC's advisors and contact information.
There are two ways to register:
- You can register online through the T-BirdWeb Portal. You will need to go through the First Time User process if you haven't already. You can find some tips on the registration process here.
- You can also visit with an advisor or counselor in the Ben Alexander Student Learning Center. We have virtual appointments available.
- You can pay tuition in full in person at the cashier's office by credit card, check or cash.
- Enroll in the NelNet Payment Plan ($25 registration fee required), and set up your deferred payment schedule. You must enroll in Nelnet within 48 hours of registration.
- Have financial aid in place, and pay the balance (if applicable) either in full or through a NelNet Plan.
Students who have taken classes at NMJC within the last 3 years DO NOT need to apply for admissions. You will visit the T-BirdWeb Portal as a First Timer user to regain access to the Student Self-Service Banner 9. Otherwise, you will need to fill out a new admissions application.
If you have forgotten your student A# email us your full name and date of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you.
If you need to change your major visit the student records page to find the correct form.
If you wish to take a few classes with NMJC to fulfill requirements at a different college or university you can apply as a non-degree seeking student with us.
You do not need to submit any official records, however we will need transcripts in order to override any pre-requisite coursework. If this is the case, contact our academic advisors.
NMJC also offers workforce training through Training & Outreach. Visit their page to find more information on the different trainings they offer and contact information.
Located in the Ben Alexander Center