STEPS TO REGISTER FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2021
Among the changes:
- You may not need to take the Accuplacer test before registering for classes. Just send us your high school transcript or GED certifitcate, as part of your application.
- Classes are two days each: either Mon-Wed classes or Tues-Thurs classes.
- Registering for class is easy online. We have staff available to help you by phone, email or Zoom. Call 575-492-2577 or make an appointment.
- We have implemented additional safeguards for students and faculty to be safe
- There are easy-to-understand videos to register for classes.
| Students who have taken classes at NMJC within the last two years DO NOT NEED TO
will need to login to their T-Bird Web Portal as a First Time User to access the re-admission application on
Self Service Banner.
If you have NO prior college credits with NMJC, here are the easy steps to get you started:
Apply Online Please allow up to two (2) business days for processing from the date of submission online (please be sure to hit submit & then log off). You will receive your "A" number, which is your student I.D.
Send us your official high school transcript or GED transcript.
• Have your high school email the transcript to: email@example.com
• If you prefer to mail it, it must be in a sealed envelope to: Registrar, New Mexico Junior
College, 1 Thunderbird Circle, Hobbs NM 88240
• Bring it in person in a sealed envelope from your high school, to Ben Alexander Student Center. During Covid-19 phases, please call to let us know you want to come to campus:
Meet with an Academic Advisor, who will help you to develop your educational plan, refer you to appropriate services, and answer specific questions and concerns. Schedule an appointment here. During Covid-19, it is best to talk by phone or Zoom. If you prefer to meet
in person, we have limited in-person appointments available. Call the Helpdesk: 575-492-2577.
You can also email the Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Your Courses. You can register online through the T-BirdWeb Portal. If you need assistance, call the NMJC Help Desk at 575-492-2577. You will need your "A" number.
Sign up for Nelnet Payment Plan by July 15 (there is a $25 registration fee).
• If you prefer, you can pay tuition in full through your T-Bird Web Portal by credit card, or in
person at the cashier's office by credit card, check or cash, by July 15.
• If you have financial aid, please pay the balance (if applicable) either in full or through a
Purchase your textbooks at the NMJC bookstore located in the Ben Alexander Student Learning Center, 8am - 5pm Monday through Thursday, and 8am - 4pm Friday. You can also order your books online. See your class syllabus for required textbooks and materials.
Get your Student ID, which is free of charge in the Gameroom inside the Ben Alexander
Learning Center. If you are living in on-campus housing, you will receive a special resident ID at
If you are a returning student, a new NMJC student with prior college credit, an international student, or a dual credit/concurrent student, please see the special types of applications and registration steps here.
email@example.com or 575-492-2577