Welcome to the online application process for a scholarship from New Mexico Junior College Foundation.
Scholarship applications are only accepted online.
It is highly recommended that applicants fill out their FAFSA first, as many scholarships are based on student need.
Step 1: Include Current Transcript
- If you are currently in high school, provide your high school transcript.
- If you have graduated from high school within the past five years and have not taken college courses, please provide your high school transcript.
- If you have graduated from high school in the past five years and have taken college courses, please provide college transcript only.
- If you have graduated from high school prior to five years ago, no high school transcript is required.
- If you have completed a GED, received a high school diploma through an alternative program, or have completed at least three GED tests, please submit proof of this completion along with your scholarship application.
- If you have completed college work at another institution, please provide your college transcripts. Only records from the past five years are required.
- Students who have taken NMJC classes are only required to submit unofficial transcripts, and may omit the requirement to submit official transcripts after scholarship selection. You will find this on your T-brid Portal.
Step 2: Include one-page personal essay
NMJC scholarship applicants:
Provide a typed, one-page personal essay explaining your interest in NMJC and your personal and professional goals. Provide your major of study or program of choice. Detail why you feel qualified for a NMJC Foundation scholarship (this may include awards, accomplishments, and community involvement), and any additional information you want the selection committee to consider. ***If you type more than one page, only the first page of your essay will be considered.
Finis Heidel scholarship applicants:
- Lea County high school graduate enrolling in a four-year university the Fall semester
immediately following graduation
NMJC graduate enrolling in a four-year university who has graduated within the last 3 years and graduated from a Lea County high school
- The four-year university must be a public or private school in New Mexico or a public
school that waives out of state tuition for all residents of Lea County.
- Provide a typed, one-page personal essay explaining your interest in a qualified university and your personal and professional goals. Provide your major of study or program of choice. Detail why you feel qualified for a Finis Heidel scholarship (this may include awards, accomplishments, and community involvement), and any additional information you want the selection committee to consider. If you are an NMJC graduate, explain how NMJC has helped you. ***If you type more than one page, only the first page of your essay will be considered.
Step 3: Complete the online scholarship application form.
Attach your Transcript and Essay to the Online Application!
Please note that if you are a past recipient of an NMJC Foundation scholarship, it is still important that you include all of the above information in your essay.
Deadline for application submission is March 15. Late applications will be considered for those scholarships still available.
Available scholarships from NMJC Foundation
New Mexico Junior College Foundation is very grateful to our donors for making these scholarships available.
Additional scholarships from external sources:
The financial aid department has some scholarships available from outside sources. You can look for these scholarships here.