Welcome to the online application process for a scholarship from New Mexico Junior College Foundation.
Scholarship applications are only accepted online.
It is highly recommended that applicants fill out their FAFSA first, as many scholarships are based on student need.
Step 1: Include Current Transcript
- If you are currently in high school, provide your high school transcript.
- If you have graduated from high school within the past five years and have not taken college courses, please provide your high school transcript.
- If you have graduated from high school in the past five years and have taken college courses, please provide college transcript only.
- If you have graduated from high school prior to five years ago, no high school transcript is required.
- If you have completed a GED, received a high school diploma through an alternative program, or have completed at least three GED tests, please submit proof of this completion along with your scholarship application.
- If you have completed college work at another institution, please provide your college transcripts. Only records from the past five years are required.
- Students who have taken NMJC classes are only required to submit unofficial transcripts, and may omit the requirement to submit official transcripts after scholarship selection.
Step 2: Include one-page personal essay
Provide a typed, one-page personal essay explaining your interest in NMJC and your personal and professional goals. Provide your major of study or program of choice. Detail why you feel qualified for a NMJC Foundation scholarship (this may include awards, accomplishments, and community involvement), and any additional information you want the selection committee to consider. If you type more than one page, only the first page of your essay will be considered.
Step 3: Complete the online scholarship application form.
Transcript and essay will be attached to online application.
Please note that if you are a past recipient of an NMJC Foundation scholarship, it is still important that you include all of the above information in your essay.
The deadline for application submission is March 15. Late applications will be taken for those scholarships still available.
New Mexico Junior College Foundation is very grateful to our donors for making these scholarships available.
Additional scholarships from external sources
The financial aid department has some scholarships available from outside sources. You can look for these scholarships here.