Paying for College
Paying for college is easy when you receive help from one of our financial advisors!
- Come in and we can help you fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Call ahead and set up an appointment, 575.392.5172 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefer to social distance? Just text 2020 to 267.578.3373
NMJC offers over 200 scholarships through our foundation office!
- One application for over 200 scholarships!
- Priority deadline is March 1. Late applications are accepted.
- Needed to apply: current transcript, one page personal essay, online application
NMJC offers flexible payment plans to help you pay for your education. Most plans can be set up with a small deposit of $25. To find out more information, use the link below.
Academic Advising/personal counseling
Our academic advisors are trained to help you with all the steps of college. Advisors can assist in the following areas:
- Course Selection
- Career Advising
- Study Tips
- Transfer Advising
Personal counseling is also available to all students.
- Our licensed mental health counselors are available for any of your immediate mental health needs.
- Our counselors can provide referrals to long-term mental health providers.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides academic accommodations to NMJC students who are eligible as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Register with SAS by following the steps below:
- Complete SAS application.
- Get documentation of your disability.
- Make an appointment with the SAS counselor.
Student support services
NMJC's student support services (SSS) provides valuable resources to first-generation college students. Provided services include:
- Degree Planning/Advising
- Private Computer Labs
- Scholarship Assistance
- Personal Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Study Skills Training
- Cultural and Educational Events
The Office of the Registrar houses many different aspects and divisions of enrollment management. Through the registrar's office, you can receive help with:
- Ordering Transcripts
- Personal Information Changes
- Veteran Services
- International Services
- Student Records
The testing center at NMJC offers both academic and placement testing. At this time, due to COVID-19, the testing center is only administering TEAS and Accuplacer testing. To take one of these tests, you will need to contact the testing center to make an appointment at email@example.com.