Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
The mission of the New Mexico Junior College Small Business Development Center is to strengthen the economy of New Mexico by providing direct assistance, entrepreneurial education and resource links to promote the retention and expansion of existing small businesses and the creation of new business.
If you are an experienced business person, we can help you...
- Improve your business and management skills
- Create alternative solutions for your business problems
- Develop and market new products or services
- Investigate financing options
- Learn effective record-keeping and cost-control procedures
If you are starting a new business, we can help you...
- Explore opportunities and resources in and around Southeastern New Mexico and West Texas
- Understand local and state regulatory requirements, including taxes
- Learn how to develop a comprehensive business plan
The SBDC offers a wealth of resources...
- Individual business consultation
- Small business workshops and seminars
- Patent, copyright, or trademark research for emerging vendors
- Market research information; demographics on a local, state, and national level
- Management mentoring by experienced business people
- Development of business logos, letterhead, or brochures for your business image
- "How to" business publications and software
- Referrals to other business-assistance providers and resources
- Applications and forms for registering your business with the proper agencies or certification programs
- A resource center with personal computers (Mac or PC) loaded with basic small business software for your use; business reference materials, books, and videos available for you to check out and read in the comfort of your own home
Our services can accommodate your busy schedule...
- Free individualized assistance in bookkeeping, marketing, management and other areas is available by appointment
- Special arrangements can be made to meet at your place of business to discuss any individual problems you may be experiencing
- Outreach Program on Wednesdays (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.) in Eunice and Lovington at the Chamber of Commerce offices or by special request
And there's more...
- Some of the courses offered through the SBDC are eligible for college credit or professional continuing education credits
Areas of focus...
- Business consultation
- Access to capital
- Technology/technical assistance
- Minority business development
- Rural business outreach
- Professional development
- Special programs
- Internet opportunities
The Small Business Development Center at NMJC...
...offers quality advice and instruction for business owners and managers. Whether you've been in business for some time, or are just starting out, the center can help you address the many issues and challenges you encounter in your business venture.
Take advantage of a growing partnership designed to make your business a success!
New Mexico Junior College's Small Business Development Center is a member of the New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network, a partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Association of Small Business Development Centers.
Our services and resources are offered free of charge. Courses and workshops may cost a nominal fee.
For a free appointment or additional information contact:
New Mexico Junior College
Small Business Development Center
1 Thunderbird Circle
Hobbs, New Mexico 88240
New Mexico SBDC is partially funded under Cooperative agreement No 2-603001-G-0032-14 by the U.S. Small Business Development Administration. The support given by the U.S. Small Business Development Administration through such funding does not constitute an express or implied endorsement of all the co-sponsors or participants' opinions, findings, conclusions, recommendations, products or services. All of SBDC's programs and services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Special arrangements for the handicapped will be made if requested in advance.