The Western Heritage Museum and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame
The home of "Hobbspitality," located on the Campus of New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, NM, the Western Heritage Museum and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame strives to be the regional leader in the preservation and exhibition of artifacts and materials documenting the Cowboy and Ranching Heritage of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas.
"Where oil, water and cowboys DO mix!"
Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame 2014 Nominations
The Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame welcomes nominations for the annual Bronze Cowboy Award (induction into the Cowboy Hall of Fame) from its membership. Members of the Museum are encouraged to nominate those individuals, deceased or living, who have made significant contributions to the ranching, cowboy and livestock industry of Lea County. To make a nomination, please complete the attached form and return it to the Museum. Per the by-laws of the Hall of Fame, a committee of the board will consider all nominations and assemble a final slate of nominees to be voted on by the membership. The recipients of the award will be announced prior to the induction ceremony, to be held November 8th.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be at least twenty one years old.
2. Must be a long-time resident of Lea County
3. Must be a person of good character and reputation.
4. The livestock industry must be their principal business.
5. Must be a community leader, a distinguished rodeo performer, or have had a helping hand in the development of the livestock industry.
Current Traveling Exhibit
August 28 - November 16, 2014