We are using Canvas by Instructure to access courses online. Read the differences below and then go through the Canvas Orientation.
Note: The following are the NMJC differences for Canvas.
- Use your student ID and PIN to login to Canvas; If you are unsure of your Student ID, look for your Student ID on any NMJC business correspondence or call Enrollment Management at 575 492-2587
- To change your password, login to the T-BirdWeb Portal > Student tab > Change PIN.
- The only way to be added to an NMJC course is to register for the course.
- Your online course(s) will be available on the first day of class and not before. Until then, you can go to the Live Course Schedule, find your course(s), note the CRN(s), Term dates, and then click on the course name to view the course syllabus.
- Canvas suggest that you use the most current web browser and Flash add-in, older browsers do not function well. Click here for details.
- Check here for basic computer specifications for Canvas. Chrome Books and NetBooks do not run all of the Apps used in many courses; use a supported PC or Mac.
Students -- view the Canvas Student Tour, Canvas Student Guide, and NMJC Online Student Orientation. Do not use the login link inside the orientation, Click here for the NMJC Canvas login page.
Click here if you need Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, etc
Click here if your instructor uses Respondus Lockdown Browser
Instructors—view the Canvas Instructor Orientation and Canvas Instructor Guides for tutorials and instructional/design help. There is a two hour webinar available for your viewing that Canvas presented to us. It is best viewed from off campus. Click here to view the webinar. Also, Dallas Hulsey's Canvas Training video is on the DL homepage. Canvas has provided a Canvas Instructor Cheatsheet that compares Canvas and Bb Vista tools. Access to Blackboard is over; they have removed our content from their servers..
Use your T-BirdWeb Portal credentials to log in to Canvas. https://nmjc.instructure.com/. This is the permanent site.
For more assistance, contact the NMJC Canvas Help Desk
CanvasHelpDesk@nmjc.edu or for immediate help, 575 399-2199
24 hours a day, 7 days a week during each term.
If you have any further questions or problems, please contact:
Terrence Rasco – Distance Learning Canvas Administrator
New Mexico Junior College
1 Thunderbird Circle
Hobbs, NM 88240